Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Homework and Updates for January 30, 2019

Happy Wednesday!

Just an fyi, I will be at another school doing observations tomorrow.  Many of the students didn't seem happy about this (I guess that's a good thing), but they know my expectations are the same.  

Homework
Tonight's homework wouldn't have made since if I sent it via Remind, which only gives me 120 characters.  

All homework for me is due Friday.  

ELA- study for spelling test for Friday.

Cobb County Writing Contest- this is OPTIONAL, however, for the first time this year, I have agreed to give an extra credit point to students who turn in a completed entry (I do not offer extra credit otherwise).  Entries include a parent portion as well.  The guidelines were sent home today.  This is due Friday, Feb. 1. (An email will come home shortly with the same information)

Math-study multiplication facts.  Having the students do flash cards will help build fluency.  In order to simplify fractions, the students must know their multiplication facts.

Reading- main idea worksheet

Science-study for science test tomorrow.

High Touch, High Tech information was sent home today.  There is also additional information coming via email.  

Black History Month Poetry Cafe
Our annual Black History Month Poetry Cafe will focus on African-American poets.  We will discuss different poets, such as Maya Angelou, during our reading time as poetry is one of our fourth grade standards.  Students will receive more information about the cafe on Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment